You may be asked by the Company to submit personal identifying information (i.e. company account number, name, E-mail address, birth date, address, zip code, phone number, social security number, etc.) when requesting services on the Web site. You may also be asked to submit additional personal or financial information to use certain specific services offered by the Company. We will protect all information that you provide us on the Web site, as set forth below.
- The personal information that you provide us enables you to access various customer services offered on the Web site. We may use this information to contact you to respond to an inquiry or a request for services that you send to the Company. If you choose to communicate with the Company by e-mail, then e-mail from the Company to you will be considered to be sent with your consent and will be accessible to anyone who has access to your e-mail.
- In order to provide you with services offered on the Web site, or to complete transactions or requests initiated by you on the Web site, we may transfer you to the Web sites operated by third parties that help us provide services to you. In such cases, we will have agreements with those parties under which they will agree to maintain confidentiality of your personal information and to use it only for the purpose of helping us serve you.
- The Company will not collect or sell your information for commercial purposes with third parties or provide your personal information to third parties for the purpose of telemarketing, e-mail or direct mail solicitation.
Other than as set forth herein, the Company will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your written consent (which consent may be obtained electronically, such as by e-mail) unless we reasonably believe that the disclosure is essential to the conduct of the Company's business, including but not limited to:
- Compliance with the law, legal process, or our regulators
- Collection of unpaid bills
- Enabling the Company's employees or consultants to provide service to you and to otherwise perform their duties
- Resolving customer disputes or inquiries
- Obtaining and providing credit reporting information
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer's hard drive by web page servers. When you visit the Web Site, Southwest Gas Corporation may utilize "session" cookies, which allow us to verify when you travel from page to page within our online service applications. Data on Web site usage that we collect using cookies is not tied to your personal information and is only used in aggregate form.
In order to improve the usefulness of the Web site for our visitors, we automatically collect and maintain statistical information from the Web site's data logs that concern network traffic flow and volume ("Traffic Data"). This Traffic Data consists of:
- name of the domain, or URL, from which the visitor accesses the Internet;
- Internet Protocol ("IP") address;
- type of web browser used; and
- date and time the Web site was visited.
Traffic Data does not identify individual visitors. It is used to highlight what our visitors find interesting, to improve the Web site's design specification, to identify performance issues, and for other internal purposes.
In areas of our Web site where "personal information" is acquired, the Company uses industry-standard security technology, Secure Socket Layer (SSL), to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal and financial information. Your browser must be capable of supporting SSL.
Questions or Suggestions
Last updated on September 20, 2010